Saturday, December 14, 2013

Goulash

This is a favorite recipe from my childhood, with a few changes.

Goulash

I will add a picture the next time I make it again.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can onions, optional^
  • 1 (1lb) package of pasta*
  • 1 can/jar of spaghetti sauce**
* I usually use macaroni noodles, but I've also used shells.  Just use whatever you want.
**Growing up, tomato sauce and/or paste was used.  I tried spaghetti sauce once when I didn't have tomato sauce and found that it tastes much better.
^Fresh onions would probably taste better.  Add them whenever you would like for whatever taste you want.

Directions

Prepare pasta according to package directions or however you would normally prepare pasta.  Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, using any seasoning you might want.  In a separate pan, combine corn, kidney beans, onions, and spaghetti sauce.  Cook until warm.  When everything is cooked, drain pasta and meat.  Mix everything together.  I usually use a soup pot, similar to this.  

You will *most likely* have left overs.  These will reheat very well and make a good lunch for work  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home